Re: [presentation-api] Consider use cases for Presentation API v2 with VR capable displays

From: Brandon Jones via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 21:34:54 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like modulo a few implementation details we're on the same page.

> The Presentation API requires user gesture only to start a presentation in this case on the HMD. The Presentation API doesn’t say anything about available APIs and their restrictions on the receiver UA. But in most Presentation API use cases, it doesn’t make sense to require use gesture on the receiver page otherwise this will break the use experience (imagine a user starts a receiver page that plays a video on TV via Presentation API and he still need to press the play on the Remote control in order to play the video).

This is actually what I meant, though I didn't state it well. The user gesture on the sender would be sufficient to allow the user gesture requirement to be bypassed on the receiver, going straight into the VR content with no further user interaction needed.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by toji
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/444#issuecomment-341250179 using your GitHub account