Re: [remote-playback] Should the ability to query by language or country be added to watchAvailability()

From: Google <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 17:37:40 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
This could be tricky because for a given media element:
- There can be multiple languages conveyed by different WebVTT `<tracks>`/cue sheets.
- The browser may not know what languages are conveyed by text tracks inside the media resource until playback begins.
- We don't know what language the user will choose for captions, and can change it during playback.

Given the uncertainty I'm not sure the browser should hide a playback device based on lack of a specific font - we can't predict whether that will be relevant to playback or not.

@avayvod @mounirlamouri Any thoughts?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/70#issuecomment-300244003 using your GitHub account