Re: [remote-playback] Consistency with Presentation API

From: Mark Foltz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 20:55:15 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
The main differences I see in the RP API availability interface:

- The user agent has to keep track of a list of ids for registered
availability callbacks instead of the lifetime of availability
objects.
- The Web developer registers callbacks instead of using the
EventTarget interface.
- The Web developer can cancel an availability callback or all
callbacks.
- The Web developer doesn't have a platform object to get the current
availability.  They will need to track this on their own (along with
the id they got if they want to cancel later.)

It seems to be a tradeoff between developer vs. implementer
convenience.   Based on developer feedback, I could see adding a
cancel() method to PresentationAvailability which would signal the
user agent to stop monitoring availability for that request.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at