Re: [remote-playback] Do we need remote.getAvailability()?

From: Jer Noble via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 22:27:25 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
@mfoltzgoogle said:
> What does it mean to call getAvailability() multiple times on the
same MediaElement? Is the same object returned or different object?

Since this is an object returned from a method (and not a property),
it would be a different object for each
call.

> If the source list changes, will the developer need to discard the
old object and get a new one?

No; the onchange event might fire though.

> What if the media element is detached from the document: will the
availability object keep it alive? What would its behavior be in this
case?

Since there's no way to get from a RemotePlaybackAvailability object
to its associated media object, no, the availability object would not
keep the element from being collected.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jernoble
Please view or discuss this issue at