Re: Welcome to the Second Screen Presentation WG

From: Matt Hammond <Matt.Hammond@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:15:47 +0000
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
CC: "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Thanks Anssi.

I will try to make some input here  before the F2F to build on the existing thread on this topicm

Regards

Matt

"Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

Hi Matt,

> On 26 Mar 2015, at 16:10, Matt Hammond <Matt.Hammond@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

> We hope to see TVs with HbbTV 2.0 functionality appearing on the market in the UK within the next couple of years [6], so it is great to see a W3C Working Group doing work that might allow a pure web application on a companion to use some of the features I have described.
>
> I look forward to collaborating with you all and hope I can make a positive contribution to this group.

Thanks for the introduction. I'd like to also thank you for jumping right in and offering to talk about HbbTV at the upcoming F2F [1].

All - if you have any questions with regard to HbbTV, I'm sure Matt is happy to answer them, either on this list, or at the F2F.

Thanks,

-Anssi (WG chair)

[1] https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/67