Re: [presentation-api] Define return value for cancelled/missing session for startSession/joinSession

From: Anssi Kostiainen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 09:11:00 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
The Privacy Interest Group (PING) should be asked for feedback with
regard to this issue, so I'm tagging this with the newly minted "PING"
 label. We'll initiate the review after we've published the updated
Working Group.

@schien's proposal would be conformant with the current spec, since in
 [6.4.1 Starting a presentation session][1]:

> If T completes with the user denying permission, run the following
steps:
> Reject P with a DOMException named "AbortError".

I expect no changes to the spec on this detail prior to consulting
PING on the matter.

[1]:
http://w3c.github.io/presentation-api/#starting-a-presentation-session

--