Re: [presentation-api] Define return value for cancelled/missing session for startSession/joinSession

From: Mark Foltz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:06:10 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
I think the proposal by @schien can be implemented with the current
spec; it allows the UA to reject the Promise with a `DOMException` of
type `AbortError` if the user denies permission, either one time or
permanently.

And I believe that always resolving allows the controlling page to
implement the fallback behavior that @anssiko outlines above.

As far as the implementation in Chrome - currently we allow the user
to initiate presentation, or close the dialog without selecting a
display.   We don't have a block option, but I wouldn't rule that out
in the future.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by mfoltzgoogle
See