Re: New Working Draft of the Presentation API published

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 10:42:59 +0000
To: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, "mark a. foltz" <mfoltz@google.com>
CC: "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>
> On 01 Jul 2015, at 12:37, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Hello second screen fans,
>
> This is to let you know that the latest editor's draft was published as Working Draft as planned (well, almost as planned as Mark had to fight a bit against the "automated" publication system).

Some teething problems are always to be expected when a new system is taken into use. I think this is the first spec that uses Anolis for authoring *and* Echidna as the publication system, so there was no cow path. Thanks Mark and Francois for debugging the root cause (for the curious, see [1]).

> The version published on 1 July 2015:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-presentation-api-20150701/
>
> ... which matches the latest published version as long as we don't publish a new one:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/presentation-api/
>
> I will now get in touch with the TAG, Privacy IG and Web Security IG to initiate reviews.

Francois - thanks for initiating the reviews.

> Thank you all for your contributions!

All - thanks for helping the group make progress with the spec, and special thanks to the editor for reflecting the group's consensus in the spec. It is great to see a new Working Draft being published after 100s of commits landed and 10s of issues being closed since the previous publication. From now on, we can keep http://www.w3.org/TR/presentation-api/ more fresh and publish more frequently thanks to the new publication system.

Thanks,

-Anssi (WG chair)

[1] https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/commit/4c359e8d01f2f252358c4d39877076984d6d9554