Security and privacy considerations section

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 10:16:10 +0000
To: "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>
Hi All, Francois,

The Charter notes [1]:

[[

The specifications produced by this Working Group will include security and privacy considerations.

]]

We should add the Security and privacy considerations section to the Presentation API once we're better aware of the threats.

Francois - what is the stage at which this is required?

Privacy Interest Group (PING) has produced some documentation that may be helpful, namely Fingerprinting Guidance for Web Specification Authors [1] and Privacy Considerations for Web Protocols [2].

We can ask PING review our work at a later stage, and craft the section based on their input. They've been usually helpful in providing concrete input.

Tracked as a GitHub issue #45 [4].

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/secondscreen/charter.html#scope