Re: HbbTV 2.0 Specification Announcement

Hey Louay,

Can you clarify the scope of broadcast independent applications?  From the
example in the spec, it seemed like the descriptors for these broadcast
independent apps simply referred to an URL, but perhaps I was misreading
this.  In particular, 14.6.2 for launching such apps used this example:

<mhp:ServiceDiscovery xmlns:mhp="urn:dvb:mhp:2009"
 <mhp:ApplicationDiscovery DomainName="example.com">
 <mhp:ApplicationList>
 <mhp:Application>
 <mhp:appName Language="eng">Whizzo Play Along Quiz</mhp:appName>
 <mhp:applicationIdentifier>
 <mhp:orgId>123</mhp:orgId>
 <mhp:appId>456</mhp:appId>
 </mhp:applicationIdentifier>
 <mhp:applicationDescriptor>
 <mhp:type>
 <mhp:OtherApp>application/vnd.hbbtv.xhtml+xml</mhp:OtherApp>
 </mhp:type>
 <mhp:controlCode>AUTOSTART</mhp:controlCode>
 <mhp:visibility>VISIBLE_ALL</mhp:visibility>
 <mhp:serviceBound>false</mhp:serviceBound>
 <mhp:priority>1</mhp:priority>
 <mhp:version>01</mhp:version>
 <mhp:mhpVersion>
 <mhp:profile>0</mhp:profile>
 <mhp:versionMajor>1</mhp:versionMajor>
 <mhp:versionMinor>3</mhp:versionMinor>
 <mhp:versionMicro>1</mhp:versionMicro>
 </mhp:mhpVersion>
 </mhp:applicationDescriptor>
 <mhp:applicationTransport xsi:type="mhp:HTTPTransportType">
* <mhp:URLBase>http://www.example.com/whizzo-app.html
<http://www.example.com/whizzo-app.html></mhp:URLBase>*
 </mhp:applicationTransport>
 <mhp:applicationLocation>?launch=from-cs</mhp:applicationLocation>
 </mhp:Application>
 </mhp:ApplicationList>
 </mhp:ApplicationDiscovery>

I'd assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the base URL above defined the app,
but perhaps it is the appID (456) that refers to some pre-defined app ID?

Mark.