Re: CfC: publish First Public Working Draft of the Presentation API (deadline 12 Feb)

Hi MarkFo,

On 07 Feb 2015, at 01:42, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com<mailto:mfoltz@google.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:18 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com<mailto:anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>> wrote:

Does the updated Status of This Document help set the expectations appropriately?

Thank you for updating the status section and cross referencing the issue tracker.  If we wish to use the issue tracker to provide transparency into the work process of the group, then we should update it to reflect intended work items.

Yes, that'd be very helpful. I think it would be great to make GH issues the canonical source for issues, and in cases where inline issues are helpful for additional context the appropriate GH issues are referenced.

If you'd like to volunteer to do some gardening in the issue tracker, that would be very much welcome. In addition, it'd be helpful if you could better align the GH issues with the inline issues we have in the spec and ensure they're not in conflict with each other, perhaps consider linking the inline open issues to corresponding GH issues, ensure they have a corresponding GH issue.

I can certainly help; I will need edit access to the issue tracker for GH account 'mfoltzgoogle.'

I've requested the W3C team to give you appropriate access to the issue tracker.

I can help craft a pull request with some of these changes.

That'd be great.

Thanks for volunteering, much appreciated. Note that the CfC ends 12 February 2015, so please let me know if you need more time, or if you have further questions or concerns.

My next opportunity to work on this would be 2/9, so it may be prudent to extend the CfC if you want review of the updated document and issue tracker.

Let's evaluate the status on 12 Feb and extend the CfC if needed.

Thank you for volunteering to help!

All - please work with MarkFo to make sure the issue tracker reflects the current state and is in sync with the spec. The most straight-forward way to contribute is to add comments to the GH issues -- the mailing list will be informed of activity automatically.

Thanks,

-Anssi (WG chair)