Re: Renaming 'join' to 'reconnect'

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Anton Vayvod <avayvod@google.com> wrote:

>> > I agree that join is not the best name.  Perhaps connect() covers use
>> cases
>> > #1-#3: since you can connect an additional controller, or reconnect
>> after
>> > navigation or restart.
>>

> I filed https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/170 to track the
> renaming of join() to connect().
>

>> I think 'start()' vs. 'connect()' doesn't make their difference
>> entirely clear either. But I can certainly live with it and I agree
>> it's an improvement.
>>

> create() as in create a new connection vs. reusing an existing one when
> using connect()?

create()/start() is primarily for creating a new presentation.  But it's a
little ambiguous since we've also discussed allowing the user to connect to
an existing presentation (i.e. joining a game).

I commented in the issue, but what about:

request.show()           // If successful, guarantees that the URL is shown
and a connection will be created to it
request.reconnect(id) // Reconnects to the shown URL if possible

m.