[presentation-api] Pull Request: Set tidy "preserve-entitites" config flag to preserve & escaping

From: François Daoust via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:28:43 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
tidoust has just submitted a new pull request for
https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api:

== Set tidy "preserve-entitites" config flag to preserve &amp;
escaping ==
Recent version 5.0.0 of tidy seems to treat ampersands a bit
differently. It drops the escaping of non-ambiguous ampersands in
particular.

That is technically correct in HTML5, see the relevant spec
definition:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#syntax-ambiguous-ampersand

I would personally prefer tidy not to update entitites that we chose
to escape though. The "preserve-entities" setting does just that.

This was initially raised in #164:
https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/164#issuecomment-133460718

FWIW, the change in Tidy may be due to:
https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues/207