Renaming "Session" to "Connection"

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 00:08:44 -0700
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
Hi!

Another bikeshed issue. Feel free to simply downvote this one since I
realize that it's a big change which might not be worth it since it's
a name change.

I feel like the term "Session" is a bit confusing. To me a "session"
is more like "the time between when an application starts and when it
is shut down".

During that period of time one or more "Connections" can be made to
the application from user devices. These connections might temporarily
get disconnected, but that doesn't abort the "session".

Additionally multiple people might connect to the application. Each of
these is a "Connection" connecting to the "session" on the TV.

So it would make a lot of sense to me to rename "Session" to
"Connection" in the various APIs. Including renaming
"PresentationSession" to "PresentationConnection",
"onsessionavailable" to "onconnectionavailable" and "getSession(s)" to
"getConnection(s)", etc.

Again, feel free to ignore this if you feel that you disagree, or that
the spec churn isn't worth it.

/ Jonas