Re: Time ontology extension for non-Gregorian calendars

From: Andy Mabbett <andy@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 16:35:06 +0100
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 12:51, √Člie Roux <elie.roux@telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> I have a project of encoding date description in non-Gregorian
> calendars, mostly Chinese, Tibetan, South-East Asian and Indian.

A lot of discussion took place on this during the formation of the
"Extended Date Time Format" (EDTF) standard:

    http://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/background.html

I believe that the mailing list archives are online, but the
advertised URL is presently not responding;

    http://sun8.loc.gov/listarch/datetime.html

There are also relevant material and links at:

   https://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Time_element#Calendar_scale

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing