Re: Ad hoc joint session with GeoSemantics DWG at OGC meeting

This time is a bit brutal for me to dial in, but a very quick update from
me in that I'm currently working on minimal retainer to supprt the OGC
definitions server and continuing the Linked Data view of OGC knowledge
space. Under this evolved role I'm cleaning up some of the content and
preparing for new content types, and syncing public git repos of
vocabularies with the Linked Data and CMS. We'll announce when we switch
over to the refactored (but backwards compatible) content.  The only change
is in the "navigation" layer - how I'm organising and grouping content into
discrete ConceptSchemes to facilitate delegation of governance, and how I'm
gluing it all back together suing skos:Collections.  My aim is that all
content will be accessible via links, and grouped into fairly convenient
skos:Collection hierarchy navigable from the root /def node. Some
collections are changing and new ones introduced, but AFAICT no one is
using these as any normative content at this stage.

Happy to take feedback about any priorities, conformance to best practice -
but in the meantime I invite folks to look at emerging W3C work I am
leading to support description of how OGC standards and profiles
interrelate, and link to external standards.

docs (largely thanks to Nick Car - who works with Simon Cox at CSIRO) at

https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/tree/gh-pages/profiledesc

Rob Atkinson