FAO Krzysztof Janowicz: Moving Objects And WebVMT?

From: Rob Smith <rob.smith@awayteam.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:58:18 +0100
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
Jano,

I'm leading the development of a web format called Web Video Map Track (WebVMT) in SDW IG, to synchronise geospatial data with video for the web.

It's aimed at mobile video devices, and includes a 'path' concept to describe a changing camera location over time, e.g. drone, dashcam, etc. This seems to overlap with your Describing Moving Objects work and I'd like to confirm that I've considered all the relevant aspects.

Please let me know if you're interested in discussing this, and I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks.

Rob Smith

Away Team
www.awayteam.co.uk <http://www.awayteam.co.uk/>
P.S. The issue was raised during the OGC meeting earlier this month: https://www.w3.org/2018/06/06-sdw-minutes.html#x09 <https://www.w3.org/2018/06/06-sdw-minutes.html#x09>