Re: [sdw] intervalDuring can really compare the values of two date time stamps

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 04:36:24 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
> if anyone knows the operation like "intervalDuring" can really compare the values, or they are just the conceptions

They are just concepts. Operations to implement these must be done using another language. I'm very pleased to see that you are trying to do this with SWRL. It will be a significant challenge to get this right _in general_ as you need to account for all the different representations of the position of a `time:Instant`.

![instant](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/608303/43377756-1d8d3796-93f5-11e8-8c83-90d438cb0eba.png)

N.B.
I see some a possible problem in your data, unless it is deliberately elided. `:hasBeginning` is axiomatized as follows:
```
:hasBeginning
  rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty ;
  rdfs:domain :TemporalEntity ;
  rdfs:range :Instant ;
.
```
Your data says `interval1: hasBeginning begin1` but it is unclear if :begin1 is structured as a `time:Instant`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1055#issuecomment-408744395 using your GitHub account