RE: Focus week: Maps for HTML / MapML

Hi Jeremy,

> On the subject of CRS negotiation, we identified this as a gap in the original best practice document. Have you checked in with @MichaelGordon to see if this gap is getting picked in his work stream?

So as yet, the MapML client doesn't support this concept, but I think it *could*.  Maybe its too early to present MapML as a best practice coverage for this, but I think it would be pretty cool and potentially useful.  These things sometimes seem that they might be simpler than they actually end up being, though.

> Also, it may be worth your while linking in to the W3C DXWG who are (were?) investigating ‘profile-based content negotiation’ - which conceivably could be extended to cover CRS.

I am reading now; if it seems worthwhile I will follow up with the DXWG.

> I recommend that you create an issue covering this particular topic and flag it with both “bp” and “mapml” labels, then put this on the Kanban board for your project https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects/10

I’ve done that, thank you.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Rushforth

Technology Advisor
Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation / Earth Sciences Sector
Natural Resources Canada / Government of Canada
mailto:peter.rushforth@canada.ca / Tel: 613-759-7915

Conseiller technique
Centre canadien de cartographie et d’observation de la Terre / Secteur des sciences de la Terre
Ressources naturelles Canada / Gouvernement du Canada