W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > May 2017

Re: SDW BP sub-group call: 10 May @ 15:00utc

From: <p.barnaghi@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 17:38:00 +0000
To: <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>, <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>, <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AM5PR0601MB2692BBCAEB82E27926415856BAEF0@AM5PR0601MB2692.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>
My apologies I can't join. My vote: +1



From: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Sent: 09 May 2017 17:46
To: Linda van den Brink; SDW WG Public List
Subject: Re: SDW BP sub-group call: 10 May @ 15:00utc

Hi. Some of you may have seen a discussion in another thread about whether a sub-group (such as BP) can vote to release.

W3C staff & our esteemed chair agree that we can. Ed says:

"I don't see any problem holding the vote tomorrow, the BP calls do tend to have high participation from the interested people..."

So - we will vote tomorrow. Please vote by email if you can't join in person.

Thank you! Jeremy

On Tue, 9 May 2017 at 12:34, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com<mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>> wrote:
UPDATE: start time delayed by 30-minutes
... will now start at 15:30UTC

Apologies, the schedule of the physical meeting I will be attending has shifted around. I don't think anyone else is around to chair ... so our new start time will be 15:30UTC.

Also, see slightly revised agenda [1].


[1]: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:BP-Telecon20170510

On Sat, 6 May 2017 at 18:36 Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com<mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>> wrote:

the SDW BP sub-group call is scheduled for Wednesday 10 May at 15:00utc.

The agenda [1] is:
1/ Sprint status review (check progress on actions listed at BP Detailed Plan [2]); hopefully _everything_ is done
2/ Review remaining open BP issues in GitHub [3] and open public comments [4]; hopefully nothing to do here!
3/ Vote to release a 'final' Working Draft of the Spatial Data on the Web Best Practice Note [5]; there will be inevitable editorial corrections to come in the following weeks, but substantively the document should be finished.
4/ AOB

So - the important item is (#3) - the vote to release.

If you can't make the meeting, PLEASE VOTE BY CORRESPONDENCE.

For info, the document will be _frozen_ at some point on Monday. Linda or me will update the WG by email when this happens.

After we vote to release this WD, there will still be time for corrections as we proceed through the OGC TC 45-day vote. So this isn't the vote for the _final_ release; just something that's close to final.

Many thanks, Jeremy

[1]: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:BP-Telecon20170510
[2]: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Detailed_planning_BP_document#Mid_March_-_end_of_April_2017:
[3]: https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aopen%20label%3Abp
[4]: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Detailed_planning_BP_document#Outstanding_public_comments
[5]: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/
Received on Tuesday, 9 May 2017 17:38:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:32 UTC