From: Maxime Lefrançois [mailto:maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr]
Sent: Monday, 27 March, 2017 18:25
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: About MinCardinality 0 on Observation

Dear all,

Some of the local restrictions on sosa:Observation are:

ObjectMinCardinality( 0 ssn:observationResultTime )

ObjectMinCardinality( 0 ssn:observationSamplingTime )

ObjectMinCardinality( 0 ssn:qualityOfObservation )

If I understood correctly, those min cardinality 0 are meant to document the fact that these properties "should" be attached to instances of sosa:Observation. I will not debate on this and why we do not define domains for these properties whose URIs even contain the string "observation".

Just:

1. when we will talk about sosa:resultTime, we should not forget to also talk about this property ssn:observationResultTime.

2. what is the proposal for ssn:observationSamplingTime in ACTION-286?

3. there is ssn:qualityOfObservation. How is it used? Could we also define a ssn:simpleQualityOfObservation  that is a datatype property?

Best,
Maxime