If an observation observes a property, then it also observes the feature of interest of this property ?

From: Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:48:05 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Dear all,

During last week's F2F we mentioned the qualified cardinality restrictions
that SSN will add to sosa:Observation. Some of the local restrictions on
sosa:Observation are:

ObjectAllValuesFrom( sosa:featureOfInterest sosa:FeatureOfInterest )

ObjectExactCardinality( 1 sosa:featureOfInterest sosa:FeatureOfInterest )

ObjectAllValuesFrom( ssn:observedProperty ssn:Property )

ObjectExactCardinality( 1 ssn:observedProperty ssn:Property )

Now It would make sense to axiomatize SSN further and represent the fact
that:
"If an observation observes a property, then it also observes the feature
of interest of this property."

This would be modelled with

SubObjectPropertyOf( ObjectPropertyChain( ssn:observedProperty
ssn:isPropertyOf ) sosa:featureOfInterest )

On the other hand, one cannot use exact cardinality restriction of 1 on
non-simple properties, and this axiom makes sosa:featureOfInterest become a
non-simple property.

So my question is: which one of these two axioms do you think are more
useful in practice?

ObjectExactCardinality( 1 sosa:featureOfInterest sosa:FeatureOfInterest )

Or:

SubObjectPropertyOf( ObjectPropertyChain( ssn:observedProperty
ssn:isPropertyOf ) sosa:featureOfInterest )

Best,
Maxime