SOSA/SSN namespaces - ontology

From: Rob Atkinson <rob@metalinkage.com.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 21:15:34 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
In SDW plenary Kerry expressed view that Option 8 looked elegant but we
wont have time to implement.

I personally dont see any qualitative difference - or if anything Options 5
and 8 are probably easiest to implement in time available.

So I have offered to implement - as i think its simpy a matter of splitting
SSN into tow files:
sosa-owl.ttl - anything that just adds sosa axioms without mentioning SSN
ssn.ttl - everything else

this will IMHO only take a few minutes if SOSA + SSN in two namespaces is
available.

Looking at the ontology files however I don't see any artefact where SSN
adds such axioms,

Please point me to such a thing if it exists...

If not, then I would propose:

Option 8 allows us to stabilise sosa and ssn - and add the axioms to
sosa-owl.ttl in a separate process. (i think every other option would
require us to version at least SSN files as this work is done, but option 8
would allow us to split out the task of axiomitisation)

If it does exist, and someone points me to an artefact we all agree is the
current modelm then I think I can whip up the option 8 implementation
quickly :-)

Rob