updates to BP17 (coordinate reference systems)

From: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 22:14:26 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Hi.

I've been working on the CRS material in the best practice document to make
sure that the introductory material and each of the two CRS-related best
practices are clear and don't overlap.

Updates to the intro were largely editorial.

But BP17 has had a significant update. I've merged it into the Editor's
Draft [1], but see this commit [2] for details.

The commit comment reads:

```

Refocus BP17 on “State how coordinate values are encoded”, making the

subject matter clear about how a publisher can provide enough

information about how coordinate values are encoded so that a user

isn’t left with any ambiguity.

Overlap with BP3 and CRS intro material now removed.

I hope the examples are right!
```

The last comment is a plea for someone to review the examples I've
included. They're hand-written, so may include errors. Also, it being the
weekend, it seems my brain has gone to sleep - so I might not have written
my JSON-LD (etc.) correctly :)

Lastly, (and this should be amusing seeing as I'm writing a BP that says
"get your CRS axes the right way around") can you WG members check whether
I've got latitude and longitude the right way around in the examples.

I think:

- GeoJSON (based on OGC CRS84) is Long/Lat
- schema/GeoShape is Lat/Long
- EPSG:4326 is Lat/Long.

Next up is a spring-clean for BP3 (the other CRS best practice) so that it
discusses "how to choose the right CRS" and basically say: WGS84 _and_ what
ever else your users are yelling for.

BR, Jeremy

PS: Kudos to Andrea - I've repurposed some of his fine examples with
geometries of Anne Frank's House!

[1]: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#bp-crs
[2]:
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/595/commits/456025a434e9ce05a3119191b0ee2eca9cba9019