WG discussion: proposal to remove BP 12 - Include search capability in your data access API

From: Clemens Portele <portele@interactive-instruments.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 17:59:16 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

in the BP call today [1] we discussed, if BP 12 [2] could or should be removed.

Currently the BP is almost empty and the topics raised in the BP are already included in BP 11 [3] regarding spatial searches (neighbourhood, bounding box) and free text searches. It feels as if there is not enough content left to keep a separate BP providing original, actionable guidance. There is also the old ISSUE-186 [4].

An alternative option could be to move all search related aspects out of BP 11 and to BP 12.

My proposal would be to keep the API related guidance for spatial data in a single BP, complementing the general guidance in the DWBP (DW BPs 23 to 26) [5].

Any thoughts from the group?

Clemens

[1] https://www.w3.org/2017/03/01-sdwbp-minutes.html
[2] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#include-search-api