W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > January 2017

[Minutes] 2017-01-25

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:11:21 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <9f64e554-8f85-c07a-cdf9-2b80b5a444e5@w3.org>
The minutes of today's meeting are at
https://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes

And include the resolution to publish the next iteration of the OWL Time 
Ontology. Round of applause for Chris and Simon.

Among other things, I also introduced my colleague François Doust who 
will be taking over as team contact. I will stick around as much as I 
can, joining meeting whenever I can, but François (tidoust on IRC) will 
take on things like publications etc. I will continue to liaise with 
Scott and Denise for the ongoing OGC relationship.

The text version  of the minutes are below.


           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

25 Jan 2017

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20170125

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-irc

Attendees

    Present
           kerry, sefki_kolozali, scribe, LarsG, DanhLePhuoc,
           jtandy, Linda, tidoust, MattPerry, AndreaPerego

    Regrets
           Raul, simoncox, Ed, Scott, Bart, Chris, Josh

    Chair
           Kerry

    Scribe
           PhilA

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Previous call minutes
             https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11--minutes
          2. [6]approve minutes
             https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-sdw-minutes
          3. [7]Patent Call
             https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
          4. [8]OWL Time: vote to publish Working Draft
             http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/ Please review and
             comment prior to the meeting. Please cast your vote by
             reply-all to this email beforehand if you cannot
             attend the meeting.
          5. [9]Status of W3C Group review of documents
          6. [10]status of w3c group review
          7. [11]Issues and Actions
          8. [12]Attention to github tracker
             (https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues 63 open issues,
             mostly BP) and W3C tracker issues
             (https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/ 100 live
             issues, mostly SSN)
          9. [13]Francois
         10. [14]Delft
      * [15]Summary of Action Items
      * [16]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <kerry> prent+ kerry

    <scribe> chair: Kerry

    <scribe> scribe: PhilA

    <scribe> scribeNick: phila

    ->
    [17]https://assets.atdw-online.com.au/images/Original__9279502_
    2539_Pigeon_House_Mtn_2_x993vva.jpg?rect=39,0,597,448&w=280&h=2
    10 Pigeon House

      [17] 
https://assets.atdw-online.com.au/images/Original__9279502_2539_Pigeon_House_Mtn_2_x993vva.jpg?rect=39,0,597,448&w=280&h=210

    <sefki_kolozali> what is the password for the web ex
    application?

    <Linda> sdw

Previous call minutes [18]https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11--minutes

      [18] https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11--minutes

    kerry: Any probs with the previous minutes

approve minutes [19]https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-sdw-minutes

      [19] https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-sdw-minutes

    <AndreaPerego> Just a note: The last minutes are missing most
    of the regrets - something seems to be gone amiss.

    -> [20]https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-sdw-minutes 11 Jan

      [20] https://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-sdw-minutes

    <kerry> NOTUC

Patent Call [21]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

      [21] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

OWL Time: vote to publish Working Draft
[22]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/ Please review and comment prior to
the meeting. Please cast your vote by reply-all to this email
beforehand if you cannot attend the meeting.

      [22] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/

    kerry: We had some comments in the last week
    ... Nit a huge number

    s/Not?Not/

    jtandy: On behalf of Chris... I'm happy with Simon's changes
    and happy for WD to go for public comment.
    ... But he's content with moving on the doc
    ... If Chris is happy, , I'm happy.

    <kerry> phila: notes there are still a few open issues

    <kerry> .... and I looked up the issue of internationalisation
    review

    <kerry> ...I had asked some time ago but had not seen a reply

    ->
    [23]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2017Jan/
    0156.html On i18n

      [23] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2017Jan/0156.html

    <kerry> ... checked with Richars Ishido

    <kerry> ...but the reply went to their own email list so we
    missed it

    <kerry> ...was a comment by an individual not the group as a
    whole

    <kerry> ....but they did point out some real issues that are
    noted on this attached link

    <kerry> ...so the doc is not finished

    <kerry> ... but good for now as a WD

    jtandy: On behalf of Chris, it would be good to action him to
    resolve those issues around leap seconds
    ... I'm surprised that there's anything not covered wrt leap
    seconds

    <kerry> ACTION: Chris to look at leap sesonds in owl-time as
    raised by internationalization group [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-256 - Look at leap seconds in
    owl-time as raised by internationalization group [on Chris
    Little - due 2017-02-01].

    kerry: Any other comments?

    sefki_kolozali: I remember ... I had a chance to look at it a
    few months ago. I was told that temporal reference systems
    would be looked at by Chris. I was told thinghs like discrete
    time line and continuous timeline were missing
    ... But I look now I can't see it.

    <sefki_kolozali>
    [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2016Jun/
    0103.html

      [25] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2016Jun/0103.html

    <scribe> ACTION: sefki_kolozali to make proposal around TRSs
    for the OWL Time Ontology [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'sefki_kolozali'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[27]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <scribe> ACTION: sefki to make proposal around TRSs for the OWL
    Time Ontology [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'sefki'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[29]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <scribe> ACTION: kolozali to make proposal around TRSs for the
    OWL Time Ontology [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'kolozali'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[31]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <scribe> ACTION: Chris to ask Sefki Kolozali to make proposal
    around TRSs for the OWL Time Ontology [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-257 - Ask sefki kolozali to make
    proposal around trss for the owl time ontology [on Chris Little
    - due 2017-02-01].

    kerry: Any more comments on OWL Time?
    ... On proposal to publish next iteration

    PROPOSED: That the current Editor's Draft of the OWL Time
    Ontology [33]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/ be published as the
    next iteration of the document

      [33] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/

    <jtandy> +1

    <AndreaPerego> +1

    <Linda> +1

    <LarsG> +1

    <MattPerry> +1

    <kerry> +1

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    phila: Votes in the archive also from Raúl García Castro

    Chris Little

    Krzysztof Janowicz

    <sefki_kolozali> +1

    RESOLUTION: That the current Editor's Draft of the OWL Time
    Ontology [34]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/ be published as the
    next iteration of the document

      [34] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/

    [Applause]

    [Happy birthday Chris]

Status of W3C Group review of documents

status of w3c group review

    phila: All I've done is ask i18n to review Time

    kerry: So we should be more thorough

    <kerry> ...4 groups of w3c do horizontal review.

    <kerry> ...we have asked int' to look at time so far

    <kerry> so for BP we need int'l, privacy, accessibility,
    security

    <kerry> if anyone can think of any issues where we should think
    about thes docs that would be helpful

    kerry: At some stage way back there was something in our reqs,
    aspirations to do something about the ontology products
    annotated in multiple languages
    ... Don't think any of that has been done on our two
    ontologies.

    phila: Translations of TR space docs are managed separately
    ... Namespace docs - the labels and comments - I can add
    translations at any time

    jtandy: I recall actions being recorded for people offering
    translations

    [jtandy checks the action log]

    kerry: If those volunteers are here now for Time or SSN, please
    speak up.

    Linda: When would be the appropriate time to do these?

    kerry: I'd say that Time is probably there now

    <jtandy> [for translations, see ACTION 222 and ACTION 223 ...
    German and Dutch respectively]

    kerry: SSN... may take longer. Big discussions going on right
    now about the comments

    action-222?

    <trackbot> action-222 -- Armin Haller to Do german annotations
    for ssn, inc sosa, qb4st, time -- due 2016-11-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/222

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/222

    <jtandy> [German = Armin, Dutch = Frans]

    action-223

    <trackbot> action-223 -- Frans Knibbe to Do dutch annotations
    for ssn inc sosa, qb4st, time -- due 2016-11-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/223

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/223

    kerry: If you're volunteering for SSN as well...

    Linda: Well, I don't want to commit myself too much. I have a
    colleague looking at SSN and we might be able to do that.

    kerry: It turns out that Frans has already volunteered

    Linda: But we haven't seen him for a while

    <sefki_kolozali> +q

    sefki_kolozali: Just a question. Do you want only the classes
    and properties? or everything? I could perhaps to Turkish
    Cypriot

    -> [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/time# Namespace doc

      [37] http://www.w3.org/2006/time

    sefki_kolozali: I've never used any Turkish terms to describe
    an ontology!

    <kerry> issue owl-time needs some tmore annotation on classes
    and proporties in the ontology

    issue: owl-time needs some tmore annotation on classes and
    proporties in the ontology

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-143 - Owl-time needs some tmore
    annotation on classes and proporties in the ontology. Please
    complete additional details at
    <[38]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/143/edit>.

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/143/edit

    kerry: We were talking about translations... Can I put an
    action on you to provide translations of the labels and
    comments for OWL Time

    <kerry> ACTION: kerry to ask sefki to look at ttranslations of
    time and ssn ontoogies [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-258 - Ask sefki to look at
    ttranslations of time and ssn ontoogies [on Kerry Taylor - due
    2017-02-01].

    <Zakim> LarsG, you wanted to talk about a Swedish version

    <kerry> ack

    LarsG: Just to come back to the suggestion of a Swedish version
    of the ontologies. The question is, who would be the audience.
    There are about 10m people in the world who could read that,
    and almost all of those who would are fluent in English anyway

    <kerry> ACTION: lars to look at swedish translations of time
    and ssn annotations and labels [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action07]

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-259 - Look at swedish translations of
    time and ssn annotations and labels [on Lars G. Svensson - due
    2017-02-01].

    phila: Gives the anecdote about saying thank you in the
    language of the receiver meaning a little more.

Issues and Actions

Attention to github tracker ([41]https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues 63
open issues, mostly BP) and W3C tracker issues
([42]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/ 100 live issues, mostly
SSN)

      [41] https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues
      [42] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/

    kerry: There are lots of issues in the tracker and they need to
    be dealt with before the final publication of our documents.
    ... Editors are well aware of these things and working through
    them, but we need to see those numbers heading downwards
    ... The point is that they need to be dealt with and closed
    when ready
    ... So we know we're doing the right thing and that comments
    have been addressed.
    ... So let's have a quick look

    <kerry> [43]https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues

      [43] https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues

    kerry: Lots of them are BP issues. Clear that Linda is on top
    of this list

    Linda: I went through this list and labelled all the ones
    relevant for BP
    ... There are a few that are not related.
    ... At the moment, I don't think there are any that we can
    close
    ... I think that this is the correctly open issues list for the
    BPs
    ... Some are being addressed, others in the next sprint.

    kerry: Is there help that you can ask for?

    Linda: I don't think I have any issues that we could discuss
    now, for example, but there are a few that would benefit from
    discussion on a future call.

    <Zakim> LarsG, you wanted to offer help with
    [44]https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/163, I know the developer

      [44] https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/163,

    <kerry> ack

    LarsG: I'm just sending a mail to the developer so I'll try and
    clarify that.

    jtandy: Just in terms of how we work through thee issues, they
    all live in the doc as well. When we look at the doc, we see
    them.
    ... They're all being husbanded. One that people could look at
    right now...

    <jtandy> [45]https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/208

      [45] https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/208

    jtandy: The discussion of the issue is best done inthe BP doc

    <jtandy> [46]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/

      [46] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/

    jtandy: This is about whether we use indirect IDs, or we use
    the /id -> /doc advice fro the TAG

    -> [47]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#issue-208 In the doc

      [47] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#issue-208

    kerry: There was a lot of this discussion early on, I'm
    surprised it's still an open issue ALl the discussion I heard
    was of the form 'get over it' and my understanding is that is
    the consensus

    jtandy: It's the PLDN folks who were concerned about it.

    Linda: Yep, they wanted me to bring it back to the group
    ... I'll ask them to respond on GH if they're still concerned.

Francois

    <kerry> Francois will be taking over the formal team contact
    role for our group in W3C

    <kerry> Francois: a new world for me i am usually mobile and
    multimedia

    <kerry> ... but I can offer french transaltion!

    FD: I hope Phil will stick around. I'm more in the TV/media
    world so it will take me time to get up to speed. I can offer a
    French translation of hte ns docs in due course.

    kerry: We have a number if Francophone members
    ... Time to wrap up
    ... So I'll skip over the outstanding actions etc.
    ... Some are very old.

    <jtandy> [I thought it was Monday 20-March]

    <jtandy> [... the f2f at Delft I mean]

    kerry: There may be some that can be closed.

    <AndreaPerego> [Last meeting minutes say 21st.]

Delft

    <kerry> dates for delft meeting are 21 and 22 march

    phila: Rambles on about conversations with Ed, Denise and Scott
    ending up with settling on Tuesday 21 - Wed 22.

    <jtandy> bye

    [Adjourned]

    <kerry> bye!

    <LarsG> Cheerio

    <Linda> bye

    <AndreaPerego> Thanks, and bye!

    Happy Australia Day

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Chris to ask Sefki Kolozali to make proposal
    around TRSs for the OWL Time Ontology [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Chris to look at leap sesonds in owl-time as
    raised by internationalization group [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to ask sefki to look at ttranslations of
    time and ssn ontoogies [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: kolozali to make proposal around TRSs for the OWL
    Time Ontology [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: lars to look at swedish translations of time and
    ssn annotations and labels [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: sefki to make proposal around TRSs for the OWL
    Time Ontology [recorded in
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: sefki_kolozali to make proposal around TRSs for
    the OWL Time Ontology [recorded in
    [54]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

      [48] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action05
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action01
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action06
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action04
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action07
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action03
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/25-sdw-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [55]That the current Editor's Draft of the OWL Time
        Ontology http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/ be published as the
        next iteration of the document

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Wednesday, 25 January 2017 21:11:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:28 UTC