Re: SOSA/SSN integration architecture

Yes, your interpretation is correct. Were confused about the term “extension”? Any suggestions to change that name to make it clearer? Module?

You can get the terms that are only defined in the core, because mechanically we would do the same on the server Maxime proposed for Option 2 in the NamespaceIssue. Every term that is defined in the core, when put in the browser, will lead to the core, i.e. unify:Platform will give you SOSA. Any other term that is defined in SOSA will give you SOSA. Only terms that are defined under the extension URI in SSN will give you SSN.

On 23/2/17, 6:30 pm, "Raphaël Troncy" <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:

    Dear Armin, all,

    > I have now tried to summarise these integration options on a separate
    > wiki page: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Integration_Issue

    Thanks, this helps a lot!

    I have reviewed the page and I was misleaded by the title of the Option
    2: "One unified namespace and a separate extension namespace for terms
    only defined in SSN. Use of equivalent class and equivalent property
    relations in SSN to SOSA terms"

    I first understand it as, terms (classes / properties) defined in
    'extension' are *only* the ones (localname) which do not exist already
    in 'unify', but this is the contrary. Hence, 'System' is defined in
    'unify' while not being part of the core. On the contrary, the terms
    defined in 'unify' but further axiomitized in 'extension' will be
    defined in 'extension' ... correct? If I my interpretation is correct, I
    suggest the label of this option to be changed.
    Furthermore, this would mean another 'implication': one cannot easily
    get ONLY the terms that belong to the core (this may be possible using
    isDefinedBy but not relying on namespace).

    I think the option 3b introduced by Simon is important and should be
    expanded with code snippet. Perhaps we have 5 options and not 4 actually.
    Best regards.

       Raphaël

    --
    Raphaël Troncy