Re: SDW plenary agenda item - Namespace for SOSA and SSN ontology

Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for your comment! In fact, the wiki is so detailed on the mechanics is because we *only* want to vote on the mechanics of the namespace issue tomorrow. The classes/properties that are shown are only exemplative. We have separate issues around the Platform and System class (i.e. https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Platform). In fact, there is a sosa:System and all current proposals under consideration in the Platform/System issue do retain a sosa:System class in the core. Please do ignore the modelling of those classes for tomorrow’s vote.

Once we have come to a decision on the *mechanics* on how to deal with namespaces we can tackle the remaining issues with the architecture of the integration (see also https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Proposals_for_rewriting_SSN), i.e. essentially a decision on *reuse of classes/properties only in SSN* or *equivalence/subclass/-property relationships in SSN to SOSA classes/ property*.

Cheers,
Armin

On 22/2/17, 10:24 am, "Raphaël Troncy" <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:

    Dear Armin, all,

    > If you have an opinion on this, please do have a close look at the two
    > options on our Wiki page that outline the implementation implications of
    > each option: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/NamespaceIssue

    I think that the two options are insufficiently described in order to
    make an informed decision (sections 3.1 and 3.2). There is a lot of text
    explaining the mechanics of content negotiation which is sort of obvious
    for anyone who is familiar with the linked data concepts. On the
    contrary, there is insufficient information on the bulk of the issue,
    i.e. what (concepts and properties) is defined where, what is re-used,
    what is being further defined with more axioms between SOSA and (new) SSN.

    In the current option 1, one can only see the definition of a
    sosa:Platform in the sosa namespace, while this concept is further
    axiomatized in ssn.ttl using the concept of ssn:System. Does this mean
    that there is no sosa:System?

    I wish that the wiki page was not distracted by all the mechanics of
    trivial content negotiation and linked data terms dereferencing, and
    instead, focus on what is defined where precisely and exhaustively.
    Best regards.

       Raphaël

    --
    Raphaël Troncy