RE: issue-87: wiki page Property_and_Observable_Property to compare the proposals

From: <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 00:31:58 +0000
To: <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>, <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
I believe the subclassing of properties that you have assumed in this proposal is incorrect.

My expectation is that all Actuable Properties are Observable, so this is not the disjuncture that matters.

Non-observable-properties are a different subset altogether.
The examples I originally gave include Name, Price, Owner, and then there are things like ScheduledServiceDate, CatalogueNumber … These are properties that are not inherently observable by sensing or simulation.

(I don’t accept the “reading of a name-tag” as being a making-an-estimate-of-the-name kind of sensing activity – which Kerry proposed, I think light-heartedly.)

Simon