Re: Proposals (was Re: Architecture of SOSA/SSN integration) : issue-87 only

Let's see if your axioms solve the problem:

Some precision first: we may come up with three namespaces. sosa, ssn, and
the old one that already exists, I usually use:
@prefix oldssn: <http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/ssn#> .
I'll assume that what you meant was: "in alignement we have
Sosa:Property owl:equivalentClass oldssn:Property.

So, suppose there exists doc.ttl with:

<someProp> a oldssn:Property .

and suppose we have the following axiom in sosa or ssn:

Sosa:ObservableProperty rdfs:subClassOf sosa:Property

and suppose we have the following axiom in the document that deprecates the
old ssn terms and aligns them with new sosa/ssn terms

Sosa:Property owl:equivalentClass oldssn:Property.

Then from all this, one can infer a new triple that involves <someProp> and
a term in the sosa namespace:

<someProp> a  sosa:Property .

Your proposal solves our issue. So the question is:

Can we agree on defining both sosa:Property *and* sosa:ObservableProperty
 in SOSA ?

Kind regards,

Maxime