Point of objection RE: State of SSN: arguments in favour of a single name and namespace, proposal, the SEAS example, proposal of action

Ø  5.c. I really thought what we commonly mean by backward compatibility is that I wouldn't even need to change the prefix declaration ? I thought the old SSN namespace will redirect to the IRI of the ontology document that is backward compatible with the old SSN ?

That’s the plan – as it was suggested by Phil who also explained that it can be done from a W3C perspective and purl perspective. Is this controversial and needs a vote? I would be happy to take an ACTION, but I thought this would be a very late step  in our process so as to not force people to use their  current ssn while it is still unstable.

Ø  We also revisited the name SOSA over and over again, lets not reopen this discussion.

Ahhhhh,  I beg to differ.. It was something that was declared decided many times when it was questioned, but that does not make it decided.  The question has in fact never been asked, let alone revisited, despite the fact that I asked it to be discussed and despite the fact that several people have expressed some concern with “SOSA” (and I am not going to speak for their opinions.)   Can you point please to some evidence that it was decided? And note that I asked it to be dicsussed well before it was written into the current WD, without discussion, so I’m just covering here for a possible statement  that  we all agreed with the evidence that it is in the current WD that we voted for.

Btw “ssn core” has been proposed. I’m quite fond of the  “ssn light” idea or better still “ssn lite?”

Ø  This is where the trouble starts. SOSA and SSN are *not*
incompatible. Kerry will of course state this over and over again but
this does not make it true.

Its ok my skin is getting very thick here – I will not take the offence that, frankly, looks rather intended.

Kerry