W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > April 2017

Proposed new release schedule for BP doc

From: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:43:06 +0000
Message-ID: <CADtUq_2xMsOT2OPtVakT4t9jmxeCoDoN5ivSpSpPn9Utx_KYtg@mail.gmail.com>
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, Scott Simmons <ssimmons@opengeospatial.org>, Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>, Ed Parsons <eparsons@google.com>, Linda van den Brink <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>
[Scott, François / Phil - I'm looking to you to 'approve' the new schedule,
in that it meets with the milestones needed for OGC and W3C]

As happens from time to time, timescales for deliverables sometimes get
delayed. Unfortunately, this was the case for the anticipated BP WD release
(scheduled for a vote tomorrow; 26-April). Apologies, my fault.

There's still quite a lot to do this sprint!

Linda and I have come up with a new timeline for BP release:

- Monday 8-May: freeze document (work finished on this sprint)
- Wednesday 10-May: WG vote to release*

Then from Scott's email [1] the following dates are taken:

- Friday 12-May: webinar** to present Best Practices to Technical Committee
(TC)
- Sunday 14-May: start TC recommendation vote (45 days)
- Friday 30-Jun: Planning Committee (PC) approval at face-to-face meeting
in St. John’s

Clearly our revised timetable squeezes the time between vote to release and
the TC webinar - but I don't see an issue with that. Please advise if you
feel otherwise.

Regarding the TC webinar - I ask for support from OAB members who have been
involved in the BP work (Josh- I'm thinking that you have been more
involved with the BP stuff than Chris?) to ensure that we're delivering the
right message to the TC. Please.

We editors anticipate a further set of purely editorial changes, fixing
typos, getting consistent style etc. following this vote to release. I am
assuming we can make these changes while the TC recommendation vote is
on-going and release a revised version at the end?

* the call on 10-May is scheduled as a BP sub-group call, which would
nominally occur at 15:00UTC. So- we can either vote by correspondence, -OR-
we could reschedule the call to 20:00UTC to make participation/voting
easier for our Australian colleagues (albeit an early start). PLEASE ADVISE
ON YOUR PREFERENCE: vote by correspondence or change the time.

** Scott: what do you envisage for this webinar? Just an overview of the
key points; aims and structure of the doc? I guess that the TC have 45 days
before the vote closes, so there's plenty of time to read after the WG vote
to release.

Regards, Jeremy & Linda

[1]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2017Mar/0240.html
Received on Tuesday, 25 April 2017 14:43:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 25 April 2017 14:43:53 UTC