Bibliography done, but...

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 22:43:18 +0100
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>, Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>, Scott Simmons <ssimmons@opengeospatial.org>
Jeremy, Scott, everyone,

As promised earlier, I've been working on the bibliography and all the
yellow has gone. But, some notes:

Links to 5 star data aren't straightforward. 5stardata.info is a helpful
site put together by Michael Hausenblas, formerly of the W3C Community,
but it's not the actual definition. That's at
https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData#fivestar, which is part of
the overall definition of Linked Data that TimBL wrote around the time
Noah was building his ark.

I notice some references to the Linked Data Platform Primer
(https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp-primer/) - is that a surrogate for a primer
on Linked Data? (It's not really a good one. There *are* primers on LD,
but that's not it. I'd more likely recommend
http://linkeddatabook.com/editions/1.0/ (it has a DOI so it must be real
;-) )

@Scott - this is for you

More importantly... how should we link to OGC specs. The URLs in the doc
pointed to landing pages (/standards/wfs etc.) where there's a bunch of
links to other docs. It 'feels' more correct to link to the actual specs
that have things like publication dates, a status, editor names etc. So
I've done that but if it's wrong, please shout.

Actually, what would be *really* helpful would be if Specref
automatically included OGC specs as well as the current W3C, IETF and
WHATWG (i.e. if you know the RFC number, you can *always* just include
[[RFC2119]] etc. SpecRef is always up to date and searchable through
http://www.specref.org). Naturally, it's a question of messing around
with code on GitHub https://github.com/tobie/specref

Anyway... the only remaining yellow are bits in the glossary etc. So, I
think my action-199 is done.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer