Re: Joint SDW paper

Hi,

> My intention is the latter: a report on best practice as far as we
> have figured out now. I think it will be a useful exercise to write up
> the state of our knowledge and the gaps we see. A description of the
> process should also be present in the paper I think, but not be the
> focus.

Yes. I would also suggest to write up the results and only briefly
mention the process.

> “A Report on Best Practices for Publication and Usage of Spatial Data
> on the Web”

SWJ (and most other journals) does not publish reports. I would simply
suggest "Best Practices for Publishing, Retrieving, and Using Spatial
Data on the Web". The key point to getting a paper like this accepted
will be to find an interesting way of structuring our insights and
providing examples. I assume that we will submit this under SWJ's survey
category?

Best,
Krzysztof

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu