W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > November 2016

[Minutes] 2016-11-02

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 08:41:42 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>, Bill Roberts <bill@swirrl.com>
Message-ID: <364b2552-4085-8b42-f4a0-711b190685ac@w3.org>
The minutes of this week's plenary meeting are at 
https://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-sdw-minutes with a text snapshot below.

Please note that Ed has an action item to see whether Thursday-Friday 
15-16 December are better dates for a F2F than 13-14.

General consensus that we all need to know ASAP (with a big +1 from me 
as it means mucking around other people, changing existing bookings etc.)



           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

02 Nov 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20161102

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-sdw-irc

Attendees

    Present
           eparsons, kerry, ClausStadler, jtandy, roba,
           ChrisLittle, Linda, SimonCox, AndreaPerego

    Regrets
           Rachel, Lars, SimonCox, Jon, Bill, Frans, Phil,
           MattPerry, Bryon, Bart

    Chair
           eparsons

    Scribe
           eparsons

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      * [6]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <scribe> New webex link
    [7]https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=md6855d5b49f82a029c988c
    968aa0bf3f

       [7] 
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=md6855d5b49f82a029c988c968aa0bf3f

    <scribe> Topic : Approve last week's minutes

    [8]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-sdw-minutes.html

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-sdw-minutes.html

    <jtandy> +1

    <Linda> +0 was not there

    <roba> +1

    <ChrisLittle> +++1

    <ClausStadler> +0 (wasn't there+

    <SimonCox> jtandy: is that the webex password?

    PROPOSED: Approve last week's minutes

    RESOLUTION: Approve last week's minutes

    sdw simon

    <scribe> Topic : Patent Call

    [9]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

       [9] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

    <scribe> Topic : New Publications promotion

    <ChrisLittle> I will comment on Rob's Editor last draft for
    QB4ST

    <jtandy> there are no comments on
    [10]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-comments/

      [10] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-comments/

    jtandy: press release ?

    <roba> Chris - note I updated it with a significant revision.

    eparsons: phil said w3c press release unlikely

    linda: talked to geonovum comms person - dutch magazine article
    planned

    <ChrisLittle> +1 for Linda

    linda: Next months OGC meeting a good oportunity

    <AndreaPerego> Post in W3C space:
    [11]https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/5901

      [11] https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/5901

    <AndreaPerego> Related tweet:
    [12]https://twitter.com/w3c/status/790985514400702464

      [12] https://twitter.com/w3c/status/790985514400702464

    josh: geosemantics sessions planned

    <AndreaPerego> My tweet:
    [13]https://twitter.com/AndreaPere9o/status/791184307582828544

      [13] https://twitter.com/AndreaPere9o/status/791184307582828544

    kerry: on w3c home page below the fold
    ... Irish OS publishing linked data mentioned

    eparsons: try reach usual suspects

    <joshlieberman_> The feedback has not (cough) been overwhelming
    so far.

    linda: still work in process - danger mislead people based on
    content so far..

    ChrisLittle: will post to linkedin

    eparsons: Is it clear how to comment ?

    jtandy: yes it is explicit - email link
    ... good time to provide feedback is the context

    <scribe> Topic : Face to Face meeting planning

    eparsons: phila would like to have a meeting before xmas

    kerry: SSN not likely to come from AUS !
    ... SSN now having weekly calls to speed up progress

    <Zakim> jtandy, you wanted to propose 7, 8 or 9 Dec?

    <jtandy> suggests 7, 8 or 9 and 15 or 16

    <jtandy> (of Dec)

    <AndreaPerego> Need to check - not sure I can make it.

    Linda 15th/16th ?

    Linda Just BP ?

    <AndreaPerego> BTW, there's the W3C SDSVoc workshop in
    Amsterdam on Nov 30 - 1 Dec:
    [14]https://www.w3.org/2016/11/sdsvoc/

      [14] https://www.w3.org/2016/11/sdsvoc/

    <AndreaPerego> Is anyone going there?

    <roba> suspect you could spend two days looking at examples and
    working out how close they are to the BP ...

    jtandy: what do we want to achieve ?
    ... we spend 3 hours at TPAC on issues - this was very
    useful...

    Linda: F2F more helpful than telecons - not though about what

    eparsons: need to decide soon

    jtandy: invite coverage people

    kerry: Supportive of F2F as it creates focus

    AndreaPerego W3C workshop of metadata could be a good option to
    meet also

    eparsons: who could attend 15/16 dec

    <Linda> +1

    <ChrisLittle> +1

    +1

    <roba> -1

    <AndreaPerego> Need to check.

    <jtandy> +1

    <kerry> -1 physically, probably virtually

    <ClausStadler> uncertain for me

    <AndreaPerego> Virtually for sure.

    eparsons: I will check London locations

    jtandy: Need to ping Bill tomorrow action on ed

    <Linda> Geonovum meeting room is available 15th afternoon, 16th
    whole day

    <scribe> Topic : Rob's Dimensions (Rob)

    <jtandy> ACTION: eparsons to query new face to face dates with
    Bill Roberts (15 & 16 Dec) [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-216 - Query new face to face dates
    with bill roberts (15 & 16 dec) [on Ed Parsons - due
    2016-11-09].

    <AndreaPerego> @roba, could you please post the link in the
    IRC?

    roba: QB$ST comes from datat cube community

    <AndreaPerego> Found it: [16]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/qb4st/

      [16] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/qb4st/

    roba: Data warehouse dimensions not spatial dimensions
    ... Good time to review doc... is it relevant ?
    ... rdf data cube conformance therefore an extension
    ... Until Josh's vocab is ready work arounds needed

    joshlieberman: Candidate BP in ogc world can be referenced

    roba: Aim for Rec track
    ... rdf data cube not suitable to specify a crs or temporal
    reference system for a specific location

    <Zakim> jtandy, you wanted to check what ROb means by property

    <Zakim> SimonCox, you wanted to ask roba if QB is the right
    basis for spatio-temporal, or maybe need a new cube which
    re-uses some of QB patterns?

    <Zakim> jtandy, you wanted to ask where Rob sees uptake of this
    model; is it for people seeking to reason across data or is it
    just to provide machine readable metadata?

    <jtandy> RobA said earlier: "qb is quite hard to use" ...
    limited uptake of RDF DataCube ... does the complexity outweigh
    the utility?

    roba: answering jtandy good point - Very general patterns
    become abstract - nobody uses
    ... adding "missing" bits of rdf datacube without reinvention

    kerry: Supports Roba's approach helpful for EO data

    <kerry> bye!

    <SimonCox> (Kerry's constraint is probably that some of her
    work was with students, and Australian academic year is
    February-November ... )

    <AndreaPerego> Sorry, need to leave. Bye!

    <jtandy> thanks! bye

    bye all

    <Linda> bye!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: eparsons to query new face to face dates with
    Bill Roberts (15 & 16 Dec) [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-sdw-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [18]Approve last week's minutes

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Thursday, 3 November 2016 08:41:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 3 November 2016 08:41:52 UTC