Re: How to proceed with work on the spatial ontology task?

Hello Josh,

I am glad you see a way forward that is approaching a satisfactory level of
elegance. But I wonder if the approach you suggest leaves room for broader
use of the geometry concept, particularly:

   1. Allow geometry descriptors to be used for datasets of geometry
   collections (e.g. express that all geometries in a dataset are 3D points
   and have CRS X).
   2. Allow geometry to use a non-earth CRS (e.g. Mars, a building, a
   microscope slide, a piece of paper).
   3. Allow geometry to exist without a spatial thing (e.g. a drawing I
   make in Inkscape which does not represent any real world spatial thing).

I also wonder if this improves options for compatibility with basic geo and
neogeo.

And I would like to note that I expanded the wiki page
<https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Further_development_of_GeoSPARQL> a
bit:

   - I wrote that it makes sense to start with semantic foundations for the
   concept of geometry
   - I wrote that although not all relevant ISO standards are freely
   available, the schemas that they define can be viewed at
   http://www.isotc211.org/hmmg/HTML. It could be helpful that everyone is
   able to look up GM_Object from ISO-19117, for instance.
   - I added the current definition of geometry in GeoSPARQL
   <https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Further_development_of_GeoSPARQL#Definition_of_geometry>
(it
   looks expandable enough)

Regards,