W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > May 2016

[Minutes-SSN] 2016-05-17 (was Re: [Minutes] 2016-05-17)

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 16:25:58 +0100
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <e1dac75c-1575-0815-a69d-543e53b195fe@w3.org>
I realised that the subject line for this should have been as it now is 
(so you can search for Minutes-SSN)

On 17/05/2016 23:47, Phil Archer wrote:
> The minutes of today's SSN Sub Group meeting are at
> https://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes
>
> Thanks to Simon for scribing. The SSN doc should be ready for FPWD
> imminently.
>
> Text version of the minutes provided below.
>
>
>           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference
>
> 17 May 2016
>
>    See also: [2]IRC log
>
>       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           SimonCox, kerry, DanhLePhuoc, robin, ByronCinNZ,
>           RaulGarciaCastro, kjanowic, SefkiKolozali_Unis, JRamsay,
>           roba, ClausStadler, ahaller2, phila
>
>    Regrets
>           ScottSimmons
>
>    Chair
>           Kerry
>
>    Scribe
>           simon
>
> Contents
>
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]approve minutes
>             http://www.w3.org/2016/05/03-sdwssn-minutes
>          2. [5]patent call
>          3. [6]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
>          4. [7]review FPWD http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/
>          5. [8]Documentation section 4
>          6. [9]URL for SSN & SSN-DUL
>          7. [10]Modularisation section 3
>          8. [11]modularization
>          9. [12]Work Plan Section 5
>         10. [13]Any other burning and essential FPWD issue
>      * [14]Summary of Action Items
>      * [15]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    present
>
>    Webex password rejected
>
>    <RaulGarciaCastro> SimonCox: sdwssn
>
>    <SefkiKolozali_Unis> present SefkiKolozali_Unis
>
>    <Kerry> scribe: simon
>
>    scribenick+ SImonCox
>
>    <ahaller2> i am having troubles connecting, the phone keeps
>    dropping
>
>    <Kerry> scribeNick: SimonCox
>
>    <KJanowic> Cannot get the webex password to work
>
> approve minutes [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/03-sdwssn-minutes
>
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/03-sdwssn-minutes
>
>    <ClausStadler> same name as the channel without the '#'
>
>    <DanhLePhuoc> +1
>
>    <Kerry> +1
>
>    motion: approve minutes
>
>    <RaulGarciaCastro> +1
>
>    <JRamsay> +1
>
>    <ClausStadler> +1
>
>    <ahaller2> +1
>
>    RESOLUTION: approve minutes
>
>    item: patent call
>
> patent call
>
>    <Kerry> patent call:
>    [17]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
>
>      [17] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
>
>    no patent items.
>
> [18]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
>
>      [18] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
>
> review FPWD [19]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/
>
>      [19] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/
>
> Documentation section 4
>
>    <Phila-offline> Apologies - BT Broadband problems (the two are
>    synonymous)
>
>    SimonCox - concerned that documentation e.g.
>    [20]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#d4e892
>
>      [20] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#d4e892
>
>    still makes reference to 'Situation' which is DUL concept
>
>    Kerry: yes, still based on the original SSN documentation
>
>    <KJanowic> SimonCox: Maybe add more warning to make clear that
>    this documentation will be replaced (in some places).
>
>    <ahaller2> +1 for a caveat on top
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Danh to add caveat related to documentation
>    replacement [recorded in
>    [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]
>
>      [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-170 - Add caveat related to
>    documentation replacement [on Danh Le Phuoc - due 2016-05-24].
>
>    Danh: Some missing pieces of documentation, e.g.
>    skos:exactMatch?
>
>    would have to be done manually
>
>    <Kerry> ACTION: danh to write a caveat around ssn doc section
>    to go into ed draft to explain the doc will change in
>    accordance with changes of the ontology but refelct ssn as it
>    was [recorded in
>    [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02]
>
>      [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-171 - Write a caveat around ssn doc
>    section to go into ed draft to explain the doc will change in
>    accordance with changes of the ontology but refelct ssn as it
>    was [on Danh Le Phuoc - due 2016-05-24].
>
>    some dc:source information is not carried through to
>    automatically generated LODE documentation
>
>    Kerry: since documentation is only in 'annotation' properties
>    does not matter ...
>
>    <KJanowic> josh: fine as long as we agreed that this draft will
>    not later limit our proposed changes.
>
>    josh: conflicting priorities - intent to re-factor (modular,
>    O&M alignment, PROV alignment) vs. need to get FPWD out,
>    despite content issues - we are wll clear that FPWD is not a
>    constraint on future revisions
>
>    [23]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#Work Plan and 'Status'
>    section
>
>      [23] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#Work
>
>    <phila> I did a *lot* of manual editing... so I probably
>    introduced more than one error.
>
>    <KJanowic> Aren't we running into problems by rushing this; If
>    we put out the FPWD and people start commenting on issues that
>    will not make it into the final version anyway?
>
>    Armin: typo in condition description?
>
>    <phila> <a name="blah"></a> is *so* last century...
>
>    +1 @KJanowic
>
>    <Kerry> ACTION: danh to fix "dition" class [recorded in
>    [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03]
>
>      [24] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-172 - Fix "dition" class [on Danh Le
>    Phuoc - due 2016-05-24].
>
>    <Kerry> Sefki saying that ssn is only human-readable, nor
>    machine readable
>
>    Sefki: propose major refactor for 'timeline' support
>
>    @KJanowic - do you want to join q?
>
>    "<KJanowic> Aren't we running into problems by rushing this; If
>    we put out the FPWD and people start commenting on issues that
>    will not make it into the final version anyway?"
>
>    KJanowic: group agrees that there will be major changes, so
>    should not issue working draft, so as not to waste people's
>    time commenting?
>
>    Kerry: group lifetime is a pressure - need to publish early and
>    often - plenty of precedent for draftier drafts in W3C
>
>    Purpose of FPWD is to solicit comment
>
>    Timeline was set in Dec 2015, Feb 2016
>
>    ALready one month late
>
>    There is no realistic alternative ...
>
>    <SefkiKolozali_Unis> My question was about local restrictions
>    vs global restrictions. Since SSN Ontology is using global
>    restrictions, SSN Ontology is missing domain and range
>    definitions for properties. This can causes some problem when
>    one is parsing the ontology or mapping the ontology into a
>    library.
>
>    scribe: but must be sure of support for publishing current
>    draft
>
>    <Kerry> +q
>
>    <KJanowic> @Sefki: guarded domain and range restrictions were
>    added on purpose vs global domains and ranges
>
>    Armin: add comment that modularization does not yet represent
>    the ultimate intention
>
>    Kerry: all in [25]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#Work Plan
>
>      [25] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#Work
>
>    Armin: modularization until now only relates to splitting out
>    DOLCE, not the other re-factoring
>
>    <roba> Needs to be in introductory/scoping section
>
>    Task: Armin to write words to explain intentions around
>    modularization, RDFS
>
>    <Kerry> ACTION: armin to write a little more about
>    modul,arisation re currnet state [recorded in
>    [26]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04]
>
>      [26] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-173 - Write a little more about
>    modul,arisation re currnet state [on Armin Haller - due
>    2016-05-24].
>
> URL for SSN & SSN-DUL
>
>    Currently [27]https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/
>
>      [27] https://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/
>
> Modularisation section 3
>
> modularization
>
>    [28]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#Modularisation
>
>      [28] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#Modularisation
>
>    SimonCox: segmentation text is rather hard to read - could it
>    be improved (examples?)
>
>    <Kerry> ACTION: armin to add examples to modularisation
>    [recorded in
>    [29]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05]
>
>      [29] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-174 - Add examples to modularisation
>    [on Armin Haller - due 2016-05-24].
>
>    SimonCox - 'horizontal' vs 'vertical' a bit abstract
>
>    <josh> +1 - the spatial analogy has little meaning. Axiomatic
>    versus subclass dimensions makes more sense
>
>    <KJanowic> I simply forgot to consider that, sorry. Happy to
>    change this.
>
>    <KJanowic> The wiki ahaller2 pointed to:
>    [30]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/SSN_core_modules
>
>      [30] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/SSN_core_modules
>
>    <roba> +1
>
>    Armin: "/" URIs proposed to best support modularization
>    ... including URIs for modules
>
>    <Kerry> Work Plan section 5
>
> Work Plan Section 5
>
>    [31]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#WorkPlan
>
>      [31] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#WorkPlan
>
> Any other burning and essential FPWD issue
>
>    no reponse
>
>    SefkiKolozali_Unis: relationship with sensors/IoT
>    ... still unclear how to contribute
>
>    [32]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Proposals_for_rewritin
>    g_SSN
>
>      [32] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Proposals_for_rewriting_SSN
>
>    DanhLePhuoc: add diagrams in Section 4 to explain relationship
>    to patterns etc
>
>    Kerry: too late
>    ... but if you can add diagrams to Wiki, will be added to next
>    version
>
>    <KJanowic> +1 for SamplingFeature. I also added this to the SSN
>    core proposal:
>    [33]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/SSN_core_modules
>
>      [33] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/SSN_core_modules
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Kerry to add Sampling Features in Issue biox
>    [recorded in
>    [34]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06]
>
>      [34] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-175 - Add sampling features in issue
>    biox [on Kerry Taylor - due 2016-05-24].
>
>    <josh> Perhaps it just seems something to do "after"
>    re-factoring
>
>    <Kerry> ACTION: kerry to put issue box around sampling features
>    [recorded in
>    [35]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07]
>
>      [35] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-176 - Put issue box around sampling
>    features [on Kerry Taylor - due 2016-05-24].
>
>    <Zakim> phila, you wanted to talk about issues
>
>    phila: make formally tracked issues consistently
>    ... it is essential that issues are tracked, and that we link
>    to them
>
>    WHat is mechanics to add items to tracker?
>
>    <Kerry> w3c tracker it is
>
>    <phila> issue: Align SSN to to implement Best Practices as
>    defined in our BP deliverable.
>
>    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-42 - Align ssn to to implement best
>    practices as defined in our bp deliverable.. Please complete
>    additional details at
>    <[36]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/42/edit>.
>
>      [36] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/42/edit
>
>    issue: Add treatment of Sampling Features in SSN
>
>    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-43 - Add treatment of sampling
>    features in ssn. Please complete additional details at
>    <[37]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/43/edit>.
>
>      [37] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/43/edit
>
>    <josh> bye
>
>    <KJanowic> Thanks, bye bye
>
>    <ahaller2> hi byron
>
>    <roba> bye
>
>    <ahaller2> bye
>
>    <SefkiKolozali_Unis> bye
>
>    <RaulGarciaCastro> Bye!
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [NEW] ACTION: armin to add examples to modularisation [recorded
>    in
>    [38]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05]
>    [NEW] ACTION: armin to write a little more about
>    modul,arisation re currnet state [recorded in
>    [39]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Danh to add caveat related to documentation
>    replacement [recorded in
>    [40]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]
>    [NEW] ACTION: danh to fix "dition" class [recorded in
>    [41]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03]
>    [NEW] ACTION: danh to write a caveat around ssn doc section to
>    go into ed draft to explain the doc will change in accordance
>    with changes of the ontology but refelct ssn as it was
>    [recorded in
>    [42]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Kerry to add Sampling Features in Issue biox
>    [recorded in
>    [43]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06]
>    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to put issue box around sampling features
>    [recorded in
>    [44]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07]
>
>      [38] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05
>      [39] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04
>      [40] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01
>      [41] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03
>      [42] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02
>      [43] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06
>      [44] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/17-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07
>
> Summary of Resolutions
>
>     1. [45]approve minutes
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>

-- 


Phil Archer
W3C Data Activity Lead
http://www.w3.org/2013/data/

http://philarcher.org
+44 (0)7887 767755
@philarcher1
Received on Wednesday, 18 May 2016 15:26:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 2 September 2016 12:03:16 UTC