Absence of key scientific spatial data formats within common formats to implementation of Best Practices

From: lewis john mcgibbney <lewismc@apache.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:30:30 -0700
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Hi Folks,
Upon reviewing the existing 'catalog' of common SD formats [0] I am not
seeing any of the primary scientific data formats we use which encode
spatial data e.g. netCDF, HDF and GRIB.
Is there any reason for this?
I understand that the bureaucrats @NASA have dropped participation in the
W3C but surely others within this WG (outside of NASA) work with such data
formats and are aware that a significant amount of spatial data is served
over/on the Web in these formats...no?
I would really appreciate any comments.
Best
Lewis