Re: SOSA - a strawman for modularizing the SSN ontology was RE: Detailed comments on SANDA

> The rangeIncludes and domainIncludes are only in there for
> documentation purposes in the development process. I agree, we should
> remove them later.

I think they have a very loose meaning in schema.org but they have no
formal semantics. The only way to ensure that they do not break RDF (and
especially OWL) is by defining them as owl:AnnotationProperty (see
Simon's code). The danger is that somebody may confuse them with domains
and ranges and that some systems may include them in their facets as
properties while they are in fact part of the meta language. Summing up,
I would also propose to remove them.

Jano

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu