Working on SOSA-Core

Hi all,

I made some changes to SOSA-core at
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/blob/kjanowicz-ssn/ssn/rdf/sosa.ttl .

> SOSA (Sensing-Observations-Sampling-Actuation ontology)

In the code it said 'Sensing, Observation, Sampling and Actuating (SOSA)
Core Ontology' so I changed Observation to Observing.

> rdfs:comment "An Observation is a Situation in which a Sensing method
> [...]

I am very happy with this current formulation (whoever made it); do we
all agree? I made some small changes to the rest of the comment.

> the Result is the output of a Sensor." ;

Based on the other comments (e.g., for Procedure), this sentence is too
restrictive. Would you agree?

> sosa-core:Procedure

I think this is something that we seem to disagree on, maybe worth
discussing today? Please also note the difference to
sosa-core:SamplingProcedure which (IMHO) captures the meaning of a
Procedure.

> sosa-core:Sensor

See above.I think we should tell apart the instrument/method from the
way it is used.

> [...]which contains a value representing the value associated with the
> observed Property. [...]

The second 'value' is also worth discussing.

>   rdfs:subPropertyOf owl:topObjectProperty ;

I would suggest to remove this for SOSA-Core to keep it as close as
possible to mere RDF (and because it does not mean anything on this
level anyway).

Other than that, I made some minor changes and added missing comments. E.g.,

>   rdfs:comment "Relation between a Sensor and Observations it has made." ;

-->   rdfs:comment "Relation between a Sensor and an Observation it has
made." ;

Best,
Jano