Proposals for consolidating SDW best practices and aligning with DWBP

From: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:29:25 +0000
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>, Linda van den Brink <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>, Payam Barnaghi <p.barnaghi@surrey.ac.uk>
All- in readiness for discussion at this week's SDW BP call, I've prepared
some homework for you all.

We editors have been discussing how to make the SDW BP document more useful
to readers.

Two of the key approaches are:
1. make it shorter (by consolidating best practices)
2. align with the (excellent) work from DWBP [1]; don't repeat, extend
where we have 'spatial specific' concerns.

(we'll also be using the narrative to provide context to a set of examples
and working on the introductory material ... )

We editors haven't yet concluded the best approach; recognising that
consolidation makes things shorter (and easier to consume) but at the risk
of loosing valuable detail.

I've created a proposal for consolidation / alignment on the SDW wiki [2]

This is fairly brutal. Poised for discussion. What do you think!

Jeremy

[1]: http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/publishing-snapshots/CR-dwbp-20160706/
[2]: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_consolidation_proposal