From: Phil Archer [mailto:phila@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, 4 February 2016 7:50 PM
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Fwd: IoT-Lite Ontology (Acknowledged Member Submission)

Dear all,

I'm forwarding the formal announcement to W3C members of our publication of the IoT Lite Ontology that Payam, Kerry and others have been working on.

This is a 'Member Submission' - i.e. work that one or more W3C members have done and brought to our attention for possible future standardisation, or input to other efforts. Dave Raggett (Team contact for the Web of Things Interest Group) and I are suggesting that this WG and the WoT IG consider reviewing and publishing the IoT Lite Ontology as a Note.

I see it as a profile of SSN. If published alongside the W3C Rec Track/OGC Standards Track SSN Ontology, it could help to broaden the appeal??

Please see that as a suggestion only - it is for the WG to decide what to do within its charter. All I would ask is that Ed takes the lead in the discussion since Kerry is one of the authors of the IoT Lite work.

Phil.