Re: [linking-data] What should I link to? (or link between)

In general, I think that the idea of opaque URL's is both widely misunderstood and obsolete. There is a difference between recognizing a well known URL pattern as an identity and parsing one for navigation information. With the availability of extensive re-writing and forwarding capabilities, giving some random server control over the global locator for a resource is really not necessary.

The OGC services can certainly constitute mechanisms for resolving / de-referencing links however those URL's are defined, but access to fine-grained navigation and metadata information is not for the most part there yet in a RESTful OGC services binding. It's close, and the group's work on linking requirements can help to push it along.

Josh

Joshua Lieberman, Ph.D.
Principal, Tumbling Walls Consultancy
Tel/Direct: +1 627-431-6431