RE: [linking-data] What else links to my subject of interest?

FWIW there is a somewhat related discussion underway on the locadd list – concerning different types of address.
The issue is that the same ‘identifier’ may have more than one spatial object associated with it.
Sometimes these are different types (PO Box vs physical location). You can’t rely on the initial minters to have been careful about the uniqueness of the identifier. There be dragons indeed.

From: Jon Blower [mailto:j.d.blower@reading.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 September 2015 7:13 AM
To: Jeremy Tandy <jeremy.tandy@gmail.com>
Cc: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [linking-data] What else links to my subject of interest?

This question also relates to the general problem of annotation. One of the strengths of Linked Data is that anyone can provide information about anything but the problem, as this thread discusses, is that discovering these annotations is hard.

The CHARMe project (http://www.charme.org.uk) developed an annotation system for climate data, based on Linked Data. Essentially it aims to be a (single) repository for such annotations, which may include publications written about data, free-text comments, etc.

I don’t know how you might discover annotations from the Web at large, if the can be published literally anywhere. Maybe there needs to be an engine crawling and harvesting RDF…

Cheers,
Jon