RE: sdwwg: Change of meeting times for the change of season

+1 from me.

Regrets again this week: I have a clash with UCUM Governance committee.

From: Kerry Taylor [mailto:kerry.taylor@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, 28 September 2015 11:36 PM
To: public-sdw-wg@w3.org
Subject: sdwwg: Change of meeting times for the change of season

As briefly discussed in the meeting last week, we propose to change the time of the regular meeting to adjust to seasonal changes that, in stages over the next
6 weeks or so, mean our northern and southern hemisphere clocks move further apart by 2 hours.

For those of us on East Coast Australia, this means, at the current meeting time of 1pm UTC, meetings from  the 7th October  will start at midnight and this is not sustainable!

We propose to move the meeting times back to where they used to be last summer/winter: i.e. Wednesdays  20:00 UTC (Thursdays for some of us).

The remaining question is when to change.

We propose  to change for the meeting of 4th November, that is the first regular meeting after Sapporo and when most (all?) of the local time shifts are over, and the Europeans, at least, would only need to change meeting times once.  The Australians, on the other hand would have several midnight meetings and would need to change twice -- i.e. 7th October and again 4th November.

Are there any "I cannot live with this" objections to setting meetings at Wednesdays  20:00 UTC (that is Thursdays for some of us) from the 4th of November? http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SDWWG+Call&iso=20151104T20&ah=1  Is there a bright alternative suggestion?

Kerry & Ed