Re: UCR issue: phrasing of CRS requirement(s)

On 05/19/15 13:50, Svensson, Lars wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:09 AM Raphaël Troncy wrote:
>
>>>  Thanks Kerry - that's essentially the way I see it, if by "linked
>>> data representation" you are implying RDF. I would like to ask those
>>> people advocating a new CRS encoding in RDF, what this would be
>>> useful for?
>> Well of course, this is a very "niche" usage, but typical use cases are
>> for getting an explicit semantic description of how a CRS has been built
>> so that you can, for example, query for all CRSs that use a specific
>> Datum, or, more simply, ask for the EPSG identifier corresponding to the
>> URI of a CRS, etc.
> Another case would be to get information about lat/long vs. long/lat.

not entirely related to the current discussion, but relevant for coverages: as
per OGC 09-146r2 a coverage identifies axis sequence unambiguously in the
axisLabels attribute (BTW, also UoMs are provided):

<gmlcov:RectifiedGridCoverage ...>
    <gml:boundedBy>
        <gml:Envelope srsName="http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/4326"
axisLabels="Lat Long"