RE: Next f2f meeting

I could do either ISWC or TPAC, but prefer the latter.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Phil Archer [mailto:phila@w3.org]
Verzonden: donderdag 26 maart 2015 10:23
Aan: Ed Parsons; Kerry Taylor
CC: SDW WG Public List
Onderwerp: Re: Next f2f meeting

It's also worth noting that ISWC and TPAC are *not* in consecutive weeks.

ISWC is Sunday 11 - Thursday 15

TPAC is Monday 26 - Friday 30

For those of us who feed from the trough of EU funding, ICT15 takes place in the intervening week (20-22) in Lisbon.

I mention all this because if the ISWC/TPAC dates were closer we could potentially have had the meeting in the two locations joined by video.
If there is a location that a critical mass of people can get to, who can't get to Saporro, then we can have such a video link - but it's not as good as getting us all in the same place at the same time.

Suppose we had the meeting at TPAC Thurs-Fri 29-30 October and a video link to a meeting room in the USA (let's not think about time zones just yet).

Who could go to Sappro?
Who could go to the US end?
Who could host it?

And if that doesn't work, suppose we had the meeting on Thursday 15th - Friday 16th in Pennsylvania (i.e. overlapping ISWC by one day).

Who could go?
Who would host?

(Incidentally, I'm discounting Europe as a venue - we did that earlier in the month).

And yes, our f2f meetings, wherever they are, are almost always 2 days.
The idea is that each WG meets for the Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday. On Wednesday we have the plenary. The 2013 plenary agenda [1] gives you an idea of how that day goes (I'm quoting 2013 as last year was abnormal due to 20th anniversary celebrations).

Basically there's a short talk from TimBL, some general W3C topic stuff, and then a set of unconference style breakouts (if you want to run a session on any Web topic, this is the time and place to do it).

I must also mention costs. TPAC is not free I'm afraid. It used to be back in the good 'ol days but now we have to charge $85/day - sorry :-( That's the early bird rate that applies to everyone, member or not.

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2013

--

Phil Archer