Re: Best Practice for encoding spatial coverage

Hi all,

professional usefulness and scalability are not upfront opposites. Setting up
geo services for millions of objects is state of the art today.
It is about finding concepts that are correct & complete enough _and_ easy to
use. For the creators of such standards this is not an easy task ("making it
simple is difficult"), it requires to first understand concepts and
ramifications deeply, and _then_ find a simple, staged approach. But the value
is a standard that is useful to and adopted by the community.

my 2 cents,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann