From: Peter Baumann <p.baumann@jacobs-university.de<mailto:p.baumann@jacobs-university.de>>
Date: Monday, 1 June 2015 20:53
To: Alejandro Llaves <allaves@fi.upm.es<mailto:allaves@fi.upm.es>>, Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl<mailto:frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>>
Cc: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-sdw-wg@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: The "Resolution global grid" requirement

Hi Alejandro, Frans,

admittedly I also cannot imagine what's behind this requirement.

Should "represent" mean "can be served by W3C interfaces"? From a logical perspective, a [-180:+180] extent is just a special case (it seems not under consideration by this requirement what happens beyond that).

Should it mean that a coverage must be able to span the planet? This is not an interface question (which is the level I believe is discussed by W3C) but a matter of scalable implementation (which is individual to the tools out there). Desirable resolution, OTOH, is highly case dependent - 90m may or may not be adequate.

Bottom line: don't see the contribution of this requirement.

-Peter