Re: Georeferenced sensor and coverage data

>  Hi Frans,
>
> On 05/29/15 13:21, Frans Knibbe wrote:
>
> Hello Alejandro, Peter,
>
>  I am not clear on this yet. If we can relate a thing like a coverage or
> a sensor observation to a geometry (e.g. a point, a bounding box or a
> polygon), isn't the thing georeferenced? In my mind, the linkability
> requirement covers georeferencing in general.
>

> not necessarily. Example: a satellite image has an extent of several km2.
> Linking to it just links to its footprint, but not to a specific coordinate
> point.

But it is possible to link to the image in many different ways, isn't it?
The image could be linked to a bounding box, an extent, a centre point, one
of its corner points ... Why would linking to it l only apply to its
footprint? Or is that a feature of ISO-19123?

But if we take ISO 19123 as the starting point for this requirement, isn't
the current phrasing funny because it is already possible to georeference
coverage data?

Regards,
Frans

A sensor observation, OTOH, which is a single point measurement could be